I just ordered a Buck Impact (Model 898).

I just ordered a Buck Impact (Model 898).

Postby Captain O » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:25 am

From everything I have read, this should be an excellent aquisition. A 3.125", drop point, CPM-S30V blade, aluminum handle with "traction type" inserts, a "red-your-dead" coded sliding safety and a plunge-lock blade release.

From everything I have read, the blade snaps out positively and without "bounce-back". When the blade comes to a stop in the open position, it makes little noise. (This makes for subtle blade deployment). It all sounds quite good from the two reviews I read on the website where I ordered the Buck. At an OTD price of $134.95 (including shipping) It seems to be fairly priced. Here's a link to the the site/page where it was purchased:

http://autoknife.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1072

It seems as if Buck has "done its homework" prior to the development and subsequent manufacture of it's first venture into the manufacturing/distribution of automatic knives.

I hope to let you know what I think of it.
Captain O

Re: I just ordered a Buck Impact (Model 898).

Postby Captain O » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:51 pm

For many years, people have been converting Buck 110 to an automatic knife, (yes, I own one).

This is the knife I have been waiting for! The S30V blade is a dream come true, and the plunge lock is excellent. I like the "red-you're-dead" coded safety. The knife opens positively, without pretense. The knife has everything you need, nothing you don't.

This will be an EDC knife for me. Buck couldn't have made a better automatic knife at this price point. I showed mine to the local gun shop and they were duly impressed. When I told them how much I paid, they were even MORE impressed!

Buy one, you'll be a "happy camper".
Captain O

Return to Modern Tactical Automatic Switchblade Knives