Glassbreaker install on Microtech Ultratech

Glassbreaker install on Microtech Ultratech

Postby bargunner » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:22 pm

I purchased a Glassbreaker for my Ultratech from swithbladekits.com and got it a couple of days after purchase. I understood that I might have to shorten the threaded portion from the information given about the part on the web site. I measured the screw that come out and the new part and had to take off .050". I put the new part in a padded vise and hit it with a good file until it was down to where I wanted it. Smoothed it up with a stone, cleaned it and applied a drop of 222 Locktite and installed it. The new part indexed perfectly on my knife. The whole job took about 5 minutes from start to finish and the end result looks great. It's a nice touch on a good knife and would recommend the part to anyone wanting an upgrade from the standard button head cap screw.
bargunner
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Return to Out The Front Automatic Switchblade and Gravity Knives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest